Destress your Mind and Skin
At Rosalique, we are shining a spotlight on what stress is, why we get it and the effects that it can have on our lives, our relationships and our health. Living in a world that seems to be slipping ever-further into chaos, stress is something that effects everyone, in all walks of life and in all occupations across the planet. If you are prone to getting stressed, keeping stress at bay requires constant work, but the rewards if you are able to do so are so worth it for your health and your peace of mind. Let Rosalique help you de-stress, not distress.
The connection between stress and the skin is undeniable. Our mental and physical health are eternally intertwined, with our bodies reacting to stress placed on our mind, just like our minds react to bodily stress. How many people out there find that they get spots when life gets stressful? This happens because, when we get stressed, our bodies release stress hormones that negatively affect our skin. Cortisol is among the main culprits, promoting oil production in the skin, and leading to outbreaks in acne and spots. Stress, and the cortisol it results in, can also exacerbate rosacea and redness in the skin, making the symptoms of rosacea that much worse for those of us who suffer with it.
With all that in mind, consider these top tips for managing stress in life, keeping your mind in balance and your skin in check. Rosalique is always there for when the problems arise, but you can mitigate these issues with a few simple stress-reducing lifestyle adjustments.
- Yoga – an increasingly-popular means of treating the mind and reducing stress, yoga builds physical strength, while soothing the mind, allowing for increased wellness, a clear mind, and low-stress living.
- Gratitude Journal – one massive stress-booster in life is the fact that we’re surrounded by negative information. Social media algorithms, as well as newspapers and news networks, thrive on our outrage, throwing as much inflammatory and infuriating content our way as they can, to keep us watching, clicking and scrolling. A gratitude journal is an excellent counter to this, as it allows us time and space to focus, not on the negative aspects of life, but on what we’re really thankful for, making the world seem a little bit brighter and reducing stress on our behalf.
- Walking – sometimes, a good walk and some fresh air really is the best medicine. Physical exercise, as well as immersing ourselves in nature, have been shown to reduce stress and encourage mental healing, releasing dopamine and reducing stress along the way. Do remember your SPF50 when exposing yourself to the sun (or even just daylight), as even a few minutes of UV-rays on your face can actually make your skin flare up. So enjoy the great outdoors and the fresh air, but make sure your skin stays protected.
- Herbal Teas – sometimes, there’s nothing better than a nice cup of tea to calm one’s nerves. Herbal teas, especially, are renowned for their ability to soothe and de-stress, incorporating a variety of herbs, flowers, spices and plants to produce the desired effect. Especially chamomile, mint and lavender are real stress-busting favourites. However you’re feeling, there’ll certainly be a herbal tea out there to calm your nerves and de-stress you. Do make sure you’ve let your tea cool down a bit before sipping it though, as you don’t want the hot steam to make your cheeks flush!
- Aromatherapy – the essential oils used in aromatherapy are extracted from a variety of sources, and can be used to reduce stress. Whether you’re using products for your body that contain essential oils, or inhaling their scent through your nose, they should make for a calming and enjoyable experience!
As well as the physical activities used to destress the mind, there are also a variety of skincare products available on the market to destress your skin. Rosalique doesn’t just cover the redness brought on by stress in rosacea-prone skin, it calms it also. Rosalique contains Zeolite, a mineral with properties that balance the immune system, reducing itching and irritation in the skin and, therefore, reducing stress! Think skin issues could be a source of stress for you? Try Rosalique today and see if it, along with a nice walk and a cup of tea, can help soothe your skin and relax your mind.